Matcha Macchio Green Tea Smoothie
Lately we are seeing matcha popping up all over the place as if it's the hot new ingredient. Though we have been fans of it ever since we watched Ralph Macchio partake in a super romantic tea ceremony with his love interest in Karate Kid Part II. Right?! Not that we were sipping green tea when we were 7, but we definitely were enthralled with this gorgeous green powder and that cool bamboo whisk. Now matcha is finding it's way into our smoothies. Matcha's not only an amazing energy booster, but it's really healthy. It has the most beneficial type of antioxidants (they are not all the same) and it detoxes the body. As it's caffeinated, we don't recommend it for your little ones, but it's great to get mom and dad's energy on par with them. Matcha Macchio Smoothie is breakfast and "coffee" in one shot - so it's a time saver too!
- 2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder (can add more depending on caffeine tolerance)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Large Mango
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Large Handfuls Baby Spinach
Blend the coconut milk, matcha green tea powder and spinach. Add the mango and frozen bananas and blend until smooth. Enjoy yours in your adult Sport Squeeze or favorite mason jar.
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
BUY YOUR SPORT SQUEEZE NOW $18.99 (BUY NOW)