Green Avocado Dream Smoothie
If your Dream smoothie is a nutritional powerhouse, look no further! This smoothie will help you and your littles stay full and feel great all morning! Also, combining avocado with leafy greens helps you to absorb all the goodness. "Salad greens—including romaine lettuce—and mixed greens like kale, chard, and spinach are great examples of very low fat, carotenoid-rich foods that might be eaten alone but would have more of their carotenoid-richness transferred over into your body with the help of some added avocado." Source
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve your little one's smoothie in their favorite colored Original squeeze, while you enjoy yours in your adult Sport Squeeze or favorite mason jar. Shop for your perfect Squeeze here!
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.