Blueberry Blast Smoothie
Blueberries are the king of antioxidant foods. They protect our bodies from damaging free radicals, protect cholesterol in the blood from becoming damaged and reduce DNA damage. But that is not why your little one likes it - they are sweet like candy! It's a win-win situation. Blueberries are harvested in summer so they are best enjoyed then. Find organic frozen ones to enjoy all year long (or freeze your own after visiting a pick your own blue berry farm!).
Proportions depend on your taste. Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve your little one's smoothie in their favorite colored Original squeeze, while you enjoy yours in your adult Sport Squeeze or favorite mason jar. Consider topping yours with whole blueberries and serving it with a large bubble tea straw. Could be fun!
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.