Berry Warrior Chia Smoothie Bowl
We call this one "Warrior" because Chia seeds were consumed by Aztec warriors for strength and stamina. We understand being a mom means bringing out your inner warrior somedays.
Here are some of the facts on the strength of Chia seeds: "A recent study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning concluded that consuming chia seeds enhanced exercise performance for workouts that lasted 90 minutes the same way a sugar-laden sports drink would, but without all the sugar. In the study, half of the athletes drank 100 percent Gatorade, while the others consumed half Gatorade and half chia drink. Their runners time were matched and the half-chia group consumed far less sugar." Source.
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 c coconut shredded coconut (unsweetened)
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve your little one's smoothie in their favorite colored Original squeeze, while you enjoy yours in your adult Sport Squeeze or as a Smoothie Bowl. Shop for your perfect squeeze here!
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.