Beets Love Berries Smoothie Bowl
This Beet and Berry blend is sure to perk your morning up! Loaded with nutrition and sweet for the tastebuds this smoothie will have you smiling from ear to ear!
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries (extra to top on bowl)
- ½ cup red beets
- ¼ cup ground flax (extra to top on bowl)
- 2 handfuls kale
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 banana
- Optional bowl toppings: sliced almonds, granola, banana slices & chia seeds
Watch our founder make this easy recipe, here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREQWBSoJb8
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.