Fresh Fig Applesauce
Figs are an amazing nutrient dense fruit (dietary fiber, vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese and pantothenic acid) and a great snacks for little ones. They also aid in digestion, so if your little one, or you, are having issues in that department, whip up this treat. *Fresh figs are in season from July - September depending on your location*
Fills one 4 oz. Original Squeeze
- 3 oz applesauce (sweeter red varieties recommended when making your own)
- 1 oz figs (if thicker skinned, remove skin)
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.