A, Bs and Peas: Green Applesauce
A green apple sauce your baby and toddler will love. It may seem odd, but the combination of applesauce, broccoli and peas is a super sweet combo for your little one. This is a great nutrition boost from plain applesauce when giving your little one a snack on-the-go. Sometimes we have to sneak greens in but it's not sneaky, it's smart. Right?! We promise not a singe drop will go to waste.
- 3 oz. broccoli, steamed until tender
- 1 oz. peas, steamed until tender
- 1.5 oz. applesauce
*Fills one 6 oz. Original Squeeze
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve your little one's smoothie in their favorite colored Original squeeze.
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
Puree the above ingredients until smooth. Serve this wonderfully, healthy snack to your little one cold or room temperature.
Watch our founder make this easy recipe here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcmiK-8yy0
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.