Banana-Rama Bread Smoothie
Let's be honest, this is dessert disguised as breakfast without the guilt trip of having cake for breakfast. In most countries bananas are considered dessert as opposed to their cousin, the plantain, which is a cooked. Feel free to Indulge here.
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/8 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Our Best Tips:
- Choose Organic and Non-GMO whenever possible
- Fresh is best, frozen next
- Substitutions may always be made. If we say Whole Milk, go ahead and use Vanilla Flax Milk, Unsweetened Almond etc. if that's what you prefer. Our recipes are designed for flexibility.
- Use the ounce markers on the side of your Original Squeeze® pouch to loosely-measure your ingredients when preparing our recipes. Eyeball it, that's good enough!
- We recommend flavor/ingredient add-ins that not only expand your child's growing palette, but increase their vitamin and mineral array. Some of our favorite add-ins include:
- citrus zest (lemon, orange, lime)
- pinch of warm spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (with a very light hand, too much of these and the recipe will be overwhelming to your little one)
- Always test your finished recipe for quality control before you serve it to your children, especially babies.
OUR CONTRIBUTOR: THE ORIGINAL SQUEEZE MOMS are the women bringing you squeezes, blog updates and customer service. OSMs have no formal culinary or nutritionist training but a ton of practice making food that babies and toddlers love with great attention to wholesome, vitamin rich meals. These recipes are ones our families love so we are excited to share with you. Leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions to enhance the recipe.